Bolsa Chica Military Reservation
This piece of history was built in 1942 as a sub-post for Fort MacArthur which is located in San Pedro. Here at Bolsa Chica, two 155mm guns sat on these concrete slabs which could rotate 360 degrees on the steel track pivoting on a center point. These guns could launch a one ton shell 28 miles. Besides these two remaining slabs of concrete and steel, other remnants including bunkers have been removed and replaced by houses on the bluffs although one remains but has been buried, the remaining bunker can be seen here in this video. An additional
The visible concrete and steel gun battery remnants can still be seen from the lookout area on the corner of the bluff which overlooks PCH near the palm trees.